Andrew

Default Hyperlink format for links within Word

Hi...

I am working on a document that I have setup Hyperlinks in that point to
other sections within the same doucment.

What I would like to be able to do is have it so that the "Text to Display"
text includes the section number from the TOC and have it so that it updates
automatically should the TOC be updated. In the example below "2.3.2 how to
setup Hyperlinks" would be a Hyperlink to section 2.3.2 and if I was to
update the TOC that Hyperlink would also update.

e.g to see how it is done refer to section "2.3.2 how to setup Hyperlinks"

Can this be done?

Andrew
Anne Troy

If you are using Outline numbering, and inserting hyperlinks to bookmarks of
headings, this should happen automatically.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi...

I am working on a document that I have setup Hyperlinks in that point to
other sections within the same doucment.

What I would like to be able to do is have it so that the "Text to

Display"
text includes the section number from the TOC and have it so that it

updates
automatically should the TOC be updated. In the example below "2.3.2 how

setup Hyperlinks" would be a Hyperlink to section 2.3.2 and if I was to
update the TOC that Hyperlink would also update.

e.g to see how it is done refer to section "2.3.2 how to setup

Hyperlinks"

Can this be done?

Andrew

Andrew

Anne,

I think I understand what you are saying however what I looking to do is
have the title of the hyperlink update when there is an udpate. Not just
where the link points. Currently when I add the title to the Hyperlink it is
fixed. There is not any type of Field in it that would allow for an auto
update of the section number.

Unless I am missing somthing...

Andrew

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi...

I am working on a document that I have setup Hyperlinks in that point to
other sections within the same doucment.

What I would like to be able to do is have it so that the "Text to

Display"
text includes the section number from the TOC and have it so that it

updates
automatically should the TOC be updated. In the example below "2.3.2 how

setup Hyperlinks" would be a Hyperlink to section 2.3.2 and if I was to
update the TOC that Hyperlink would also update.

e.g to see how it is done refer to section "2.3.2 how to setup

Hyperlinks"

Can this be done?

Andrew

Anne Troy

And they don't update now? What happens if you hit Ctrl+A, then F9?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi...

I am working on a document that I have setup Hyperlinks in that point

other sections within the same doucment.

What I would like to be able to do is have it so that the "Text to

Display"
text includes the section number from the TOC and have it so that it

updates
automatically should the TOC be updated. In the example below "2.3.2

how
setup Hyperlinks" would be a Hyperlink to section 2.3.2 and if I was

update the TOC that Hyperlink would also update.

e.g to see how it is done refer to section "2.3.2 how to setup

Hyperlinks"

Can this be done?

Andrew

Instead of using Insert | Hyperlink, use Insert | Reference |
Cross-reference, with the "Insert as hyperlink" box checked. This will
insert a cross-reference that will update (when you update fields) and will
be hyperlinked to the heading.

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi...

I am working on a document that I have setup Hyperlinks in that point to
other sections within the same doucment.

What I would like to be able to do is have it so that the "Text to

Display"
text includes the section number from the TOC and have it so that it

updates
automatically should the TOC be updated. In the example below "2.3.2 how

setup Hyperlinks" would be a Hyperlink to section 2.3.2 and if I was to
update the TOC that Hyperlink would also update.

e.g to see how it is done refer to section "2.3.2 how to setup

Hyperlinks"

Can this be done?

Andrew

Andrew

Ctrl+A and F9 will update the TOC and all the sections with out issue.
However that does not update the title text on a Hyperlink. The location the
Hyperlink points to is updated however the title is fixed and does not
update. what I would like to do is make part of the title dyniamc so that it
will update with a F9 update. Thus meaning that I do not have to work my way
through the doucment to make any updates to hyperlinks.