Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darin Darin is offline

Default MS Word document is opening to last cursor position

Lately, when various users that I support witin our Firm are opening an MS
Word 2003 document, it is openeing to the middle of the document or the last
position the cursor was in when it was closed/saved. This is not wanted
behavior. I do not have any known macros saved within the
templates/normal.dot. What else can be causing this to occur?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darin Darin is offline

It has been determined that there is some code within a .dll file that is
part of a template package we are using. This code facilitates a "click"
within the document to make MS Word active. It is somewhat of a CTRL+Home
+F5. We have had this in place since 04/19/2005, but it now seems to be
reacting as i have described where many users are now opening their documents
to where they last had their cursor when it was saved/closed. We have
applied various August and September office security patches. It seems that
one of the security patches have caused this code to behave differently.

"Darin" wrote in message
Lately, when various users that I support witin our Firm are opening an MS
Word 2003 document, it is openeing to the middle of the document or the

last
position the cursor was in when it was closed/saved. This is not wanted
behavior. I do not have any known macros saved within the
templates/normal.dot. What else can be causing this to occur?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have a macro that runs Shift+F5, then the behavior you describe would
be expected.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This has to be a macro (AutoOpen) running Shift+F5.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.