Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pyecat54 Pyecat54 is offline

Default Use columns on one page & not on others in Word

I am trying to create a multi-page document in Word 2007, with columns on the
first page only. I am having difficulty with formatting the 2nd page to only
one column. When I try to change the formatting on the 2nd page, I loose the
3 columns on the first page.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Use columns on one page & not on others in Word

To have columns on one page and not on others in Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the page where you want to have columns.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Columns" button and select the number of columns you want to have on that page.
  4. Type or paste your content into the columns as desired.
  5. Go to the next page where you want to have only one column.
  6. Click on the "Page Layout" tab again.
  7. Click on the "Columns" button and select "One" to change the page to a single column format.
  8. Your content from the previous page should now be in a single column format on the second page.

If you find that changing the formatting on the second page is causing you to lose the columns on the first page, you may need to insert a section break between the two pages. Here's how:
  1. Go to the end of the first page where you want to have columns.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Breaks" button and select "Next Page" under "Section Breaks."
  4. This will insert a section break and create a new page.
  5. Follow the steps above to add columns to the first page and change the second page to a single column format.

By inserting a section break, you are telling Word to treat each page as a separate section, allowing you to have different formatting on each page without affecting the others.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You will need to insert a Next Page Section Break at the end of the first
page. In Word 2007, that is done via the Breaks item in the Page Setup
section of the Page Layout tab of the Ribbon.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.