Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dale Dale is offline

Default Mail Merge With Attachment

I have read the many posts on the site about this but I am having trouble
making it work. I can get it to send the e-mail but it does not attach the
documents. I run the macro after I have merged the e-mail to a new document
and I am prompted for the directory document but it still doesn't work. any
ideas as to why?

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In what way doesn't it work? Are the messages sent but without the
attachments? or is nothing sent at all?

Note that the path\filenames for the attachments in the directory document
must match exactly the actual path and file name of the file that is to be
attached. Just one space more or less will prevent the file from being
attached.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dale" wrote in message
I have read the many posts on the site about this but I am having trouble
making it work. I can get it to send the e-mail but it does not attach
the
documents. I run the macro after I have merged the e-mail to a new
document
and I am prompted for the directory document but it still doesn't work.
any
ideas as to why?

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dale Dale is offline

The e-mail is sent but the attachment is not there, do I need to hyperlink
the attachments also or? I know the paths themselves are correct......
I'm bringing the path in from an excel data source, could it be a formatting
issue?

"Dale" wrote in message
I have read the many posts on the site about this but I am having trouble
making it work. I can get it to send the e-mail but it does not attach
the
documents. I run the macro after I have merged the e-mail to a new
document
and I am prompted for the directory document but it still doesn't work.
any
ideas as to why?

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If the attachments are not there, it is almost certainly because the
path/file name in the directory type mail merge (and hence in the data
source) is not 100.0000000000% correct. 99.99999999999% will not do.