Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy Allington Cathy Allington is offline

Default Word 2007 mail merge from Outlook opens the document as if from Word

Hi All:
I've been using mail merge from Outlook for years - not problems. Just
lately though, when I select an "existing document" from Word, it the
Word document opens up with the message "Opening this document will
run the following SQL Command ..." - as if I was just opening a merge
document straight from Word. Really annoying, and something I have
not seen before. Normally when I have selected an existing document,
it goes straight through the the Word document. (NB: The documents I
am using have previously been linked with mail merge fields to
Outlook.) Any suggestions will be VERY much appreciated thatnk you!
Cheers
Cathy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

A couple of possibilities:
a. maybe you recently saved your mail merge main document with the
data source attached, in which case you can try:
1. open your mail merge main document again
2. get through the SQL dialog box
3. Do Mailings tab-Start Merge-Normal Word document
4. Save the document
5. try your merge again
b. if that doesn't work, it may be to do with a security update which
made Word ask this SQL question for a much larger class of documents
than previously. As far as I know, that update was reversed fairly
quickly so I'd be a bit surprised if you have the problem, unless
someone else is managing your system and is applying updates long after
they were issued.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk