Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob Bob is offline

Default Critical problem with Word crashing when using mail merge

When I try to do a mail merge in Word 2007, using an Excel file as the
source, Outlook 2007 will send out just a few e-mails in the distribution
list, then stops. Word also stops responding when this happens. I have tried
this on multiple machines in our office; I have tried this on a newly built
machine, and on a machine with Office 2003. The same error is reproduced each
time. The mail merge starts, Outlook sends out a few e-mails, then Word
crashes and the mail merge stops. I have all the Windows XP updates and all
the Office updates.

What's strange is that this mail merge has worked fine for years, and it
only recently started behaving this way. The only change these machines have
in common since this happened is Windows updates, which is rather frustrating.

We do mail merges all the time so this error is really hurting. Google has
turned up a lot of useless information. Has anyone else experienced this
problem? Thanks.