Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bider Bider is offline

Default password protect a document successfully

When I go to Tools, Option..., Security, I enter a nine digit alphanumeric
password and then re-enter the same in the second screen prompt. I then save
these settings and close Word. I then go back and reopen the document, and
Word does NOT ask me for a password to open this file. Why?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

try editing the document

you shouldn't be able to, you can view it but not edit it

to edit it follow the same steps to protect but click on "unprotect"

then you will be prompted for your password
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner (only 12 years)

"Bider" wrote:

When I go to Tools, Option..., Security, I enter a nine digit alphanumeric
password and then re-enter the same in the second screen prompt. I then save
these settings and close Word. I then go back and reopen the document, and
Word does NOT ask me for a password to open this file. Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

Please accept my apology, wrong answer.

have you tried this?:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...officesec.mspx

--

"Bider" wrote:

When I go to Tools, Option..., Security, I enter a nine digit alphanumeric
password and then re-enter the same in the second screen prompt. I then save
these settings and close Word. I then go back and reopen the document, and
Word does NOT ask me for a password to open this file. Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amiramohamed amiramohamed is offline

i though you aren not save the new changes before close the word document
so u must save after do the pass word

"Bider" wrote:

When I go to Tools, Option..., Security, I enter a nine digit alphanumeric
password and then re-enter the same in the second screen prompt. I then save
these settings and close Word. I then go back and reopen the document, and
Word does NOT ask me for a password to open this file. Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bider Bider is offline

I would like to password protect a document in Word 2003 so that when I or
anyone goes back to it or somehow acquires access to it, that it does not
open without using a password. I have done the steps as outlined in starting
this thread. Is this possible to do in Word 2003?