sparty22green

Default clear text

How do I print a document that has a black background with clear text. Not
white text. I know how to do the background and change text colors...but how
do I make it print like a negative?
Greg Maxey

The only thing I can think of is to use transparency film.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

sparty22green wrote:
How do I print a document that has a black background with clear
text. Not white text. I know how to do the background and change
text colors...but how do I make it print like a negative?

CyberTaz

Hi-

Just to put things in the right perspective, your printer does not print
white. If you choose a text color of white against a contrasting
background/drawing object the printer actually applies no ink (text or
background) to the points where the text appears, so the color of the paper
you print on actually shows through.

It sounds like what you actually want to accomplish is to have the
background show through the text, yes? Depending on how much text is
involved, it may not be too difficult. You can get the effect by using a text
box (or other autoshape of your choice) and do the following;

1) Format the text you type into the shape using the Outline attribute from
the FormatFont menu (you can also choose a font color to make the outline
text stand out against your background),

2) Format the autoshape itself with No Line & No Fill,

3) Position the shapes wherever you want them on the page.

This works OK for small bits of text, such as labels & captions, but can be
more trouble than it is worth for larger bodies of paragraph text.

For best results with effects like this you'll need to use software like
Photoshop or InDesign.

Good Luck |:)