Archer------------>

Default Help I am going crazy I am trying to merge a label list excel to w

I do all the things that help said to and it will not go in, nothing shows up
on the labels I have a list set up in excel and I can not get it into word as
mailing labels it is driving me crazy. I tried it as a worksheet and as a
list.
I open excel and enter it, as follows
Frodo frank 2541 west St. Hobbit pa 19130
I saved it as both a work sheet and tried it as a list, as well at a
different time. and tried both ways.
I have 600 names and adresses on my full list.
I need an exact step by step way to merge from excel 2003 into word 2003
labels avery label # 5160 thats a 30 label page. I have tried to do it the
way help says to do it and the labels come up blank and it does not help.
Please do not refer me to help pages, I need a step by step directions. As in
save it as ------ data base and so on. any help will be tremendously
appreciated. I tried all their help pages no good.
Archer
Peter Jamieson

Well, I /am/ going to refer you to two excellent pages by Graham Mayor which
may help, depending on exactly where you are starting from and what problems
you face:

and

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

If those do not help, the first thing I need to know is how you have set up
your Excel sheet.
a. Are you putting a complete address into a single cell, or are you
putting each bit of the address into a different column?
b. Does the first row contain column headings? e.g.
Address (if the complete address is in a single column)
or something like
Surname Forename Street City State ZIP
(if each part of the address is in a separate column)

Peter Jamieson

"Archer------------" wrote in message
[...]

Archer------------>

Thanks Peter for answering, to get right to it I opened excel and in the
first row (A) I put the last name (B) is empty (C) is the first name (D) the
street address (E) empty (F) city (G) empty (H) state (I) Zip
Archer

"Archer------------" wrote in message
[...]

Peter Jamieson

OK, the first row needs to have the column headings. I would provide
headings even for the columns that are empty, e.g.

Lastname Empty1 Firstname Street Empty2 City Empty3 State Zip

then follow Graham's articles.

Peter Jamieson

"Archer------------" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Peter for the help I tried it thru Micro, Publisher and after I
picked, which data base to use, I opened my same excel file. And when it came
up to editing my original list I expanded the box and spread the coloum open
that contained the zip code and presto that was it , it allowed all items to
show and print again thanks for the help. I will set one up the way you said
and give it a try. A name for each coloum.
Archer