Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlemnocturn

Default Typing email addresses and URLs in Word

Another feature I took for granted stopped working. In text, email addresses
were always underlined in blue, URLs in red, and color signified that they
were active links. How I get brackets, the words HYPERLINK and mailto:. Why
and how do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlemnocturn

Ms. Barnhill

Alt+F9 for me does nothing.

Louis

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing) to
field results.

"harlemnocturn" wrote in message
Another feature I took for granted stopped working. In text, email

addresses
were always underlined in blue, URLs in red, and color signified that they
were active links. How I get brackets, the words HYPERLINK and mailto:.

Why
and how do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case your hyperlinks may have become unlinked.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing)

field results.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"harlemnocturn" wrote in

message
Another feature I took for granted stopped working. In text, email

addresses
were always underlined in blue, URLs in red, and color signified that

they
were active links. How I get brackets, the words HYPERLINK and

mailto:.
Why
and how do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlemnocturn

Ms. Barnhill

If I change this, I will go back to getting HYPERLINK and mailto. Now I get
the addresses in plain text. I just want to make the addresses active.

Louis

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing)

field results.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"harlemnocturn" wrote in

message
Another feature I took for granted stopped working. In text, email
addresses
were always underlined in blue, URLs in red, and color signified that

they
were active links. How I get brackets, the words HYPERLINK and

mailto:.
Why
and how do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the URL or email address and press Ctrl+K. Or, if you have the
appropriate AutoFormat option enabled, place the insertion point after one
and press the spacebar.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're

seeing)
field results.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"harlemnocturn" wrote in

message
Another feature I took for granted stopped working. In text, email
addresses
were always underlined in blue, URLs in red, and color signified

that
they
were active links. How I get brackets, the words HYPERLINK and

mailto:.
Why
and how do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlemnocturn

Ms. Barnhill

I don't know why it does not work after I finish typing, but both Ctrl+K and
AutoFormat, email, and accept work. So, I'll have to be content to use them
that way. It is a mystery to me as to hope these default setting got messed
up. Thank you.

Louis