Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Visit the Sky

Default How do I replace a parenthetical expression?

How do I remove (replace with nothing) all parenthetical statements
(including the parentheses) in a Word document? None of these work: (*)
(?) [(*)] [(?)]
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

With 'Use wildcards' checked: \(*\)

"Visit the Sky" Visit the wrote in message
How do I remove (replace with nothing) all parenthetical statements
(including the parentheses) in a Word document? None of these work: (*)
(?) [(*)] [(?)]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

Visit the Sky wrote:
How do I remove (replace with nothing) all parenthetical statements
(including the parentheses) in a Word document? None of these work:
(*) (?) [(*)] [(?)]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Visit the Sky

Worked like a charm -- just a matter of learning to use backslash in front of
special search characters. Thanks.

"Jezebel" wrote:

With 'Use wildcards' checked: \(*\)

"Visit the Sky" Visit the wrote in message
How do I remove (replace with nothing) all parenthetical statements
(including the parentheses) in a Word document? None of these work: (*)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Visit the Sky

Jezebel's reply (see previous) gave me simple example; Graham Mayor's reply
explained how and why. Thanks (to both).