Indy

Default Word templates & XML data

Is it possible for me to have an existing Word template/form (saved as either
a .doc or .dot file), save the data entered into that form as XML, and then
reapply that XML data to a new template?

The new template is to be created in Word, not XSL - a user should be able
to create a new template in Word, then apply the existing XML data to that
template, without having to get involved in XML or XSLT.

We then want to be able to reapply the new stylesheet to the existing XML
data.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like you ought to extract that data to an Excel or CSV
file and then do a mail merge into the new template.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SW5keQ==?=,

The user may not need to know about XSLT, but XSLT (or MSXML) is certainly going
to have to be running in the background. Without a more concrete example of what
you want, there's really not a lot more that can be said. But you might want to
take a really close look at InfoPath, and maybe SmartDocuments.

Is it possible for me to have an existing Word template/form (saved as either
a .doc or .dot file), save the data entered into that form as XML, and then
reapply that XML data to a new template?

The new template is to be created in Word, not XSL - a user should be able
to create a new template in Word, then apply the existing XML data to that
template, without having to get involved in XML or XSLT.

We then want to be able to reapply the new stylesheet to the existing XML
data.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org