Sam

Default The bottom margin is 1'', but the page# is less than 1'' from the

I went to Page Setup, and set the bottom margin to 1''. However,
I see that the page number closer than 1'' from the edge. Is there a way
to display the page number within the margins that I have specified?

Thank you!
Anne Troy

The footer is the area between the "footer margin" and the "bottom margin".
Generally, a footer at 0.5" and a bottom margin of 1" allows a half-inch of
space for the footer. You need to understand that, and put the page number
in the footer using the header/footer toolbar and (for best results) hit the
# sign button on that toolbar.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Sam" wrote in message
I went to Page Setup, and set the bottom margin to 1''. However,
I see that the page number closer than 1'' from the edge. Is there a way
to display the page number within the margins that I have specified?

Thank you!

The page number is displayed at the footer margin, not the bottom margin. If
you want the page number 1" from the bottom of the page, then you need to
change the footer margin, but you'll need to change the bottom margin (to
1.5") to accommodate it.