kevin komatz

Default Content outside left margin but still allowing numbered lists

Are frames the only way I can go if I want to have a single character code
appear to the left of the margin but still retain the ability to use numbered
lists in the main body?

If I try to do that, I can't get any sort of consistency with the placement
of the frame in relation to the text body, i.e., aligned with each line that
requires the character code. Text boxes don't appear to be the way to go as
I read somewhere they can't be used in a new style.

Thanks-
Kevin

Doug Robbins

How about a negative indent on the paragraph.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"kevin komatz" wrote in message
Are frames the only way I can go if I want to have a single character code
appear to the left of the margin but still retain the ability to use
numbered
lists in the main body?

If I try to do that, I can't get any sort of consistency with the
placement
of the frame in relation to the text body, i.e., aligned with each line
that
requires the character code. Text boxes don't appear to be the way to go
as
I read somewhere they can't be used in a new style.

Thanks-
Kevin

kevin komatz

I'm not sure I follow how that will help.

I'd like to do the following:
31. Text

X a. Subtext

Y b. Subtext