Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tanya Tanya is offline

Default unable to download practice files from Microsoft

since downloading IE7 I have been unable to open files such as pdf documents
online, which means I have to download them and then open and beginning to
annoy me a great deal. Today I have been unable to download an ms word
practice file from the microsoft tutorial site. Why is it so? What can I do
to get around this?
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First issue: Open Adobe Acrobat Reader and click Edit, Preferences. Choose
Internet in the Preferences window. Uncheck Display PDF in browser option
and close the dialog. Repeat the same and this time, enable the Display PDF
in browser option.

Second issue: Do you get any error messages? What happens when you try?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Tanya" wrote in message
since downloading IE7 I have been unable to open files such as pdf
documents
online, which means I have to download them and then open and beginning to
annoy me a great deal. Today I have been unable to download an ms word
practice file from the microsoft tutorial site. Why is it so? What can I
do
to get around this?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tanya Tanya is offline

Thank you for your response.

First Issue What actually happens when I try to open a pdf file online is
I get an error message "Windows cannot access the specified path or file.
You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" and every
time I save instead to the local HDD and have no problems opening the file
once downloaded. It doesn't matter where I try to access a pdf document I
always have the same problem, leading me to think IE7 has changed my security
policy settings.

Issue 2 There is no error message, the file appears to be downloaded but
does not load and there is no message or indication of where the file has
been downloaded to or even the name of the file for that matter.

"Tanya" wrote in message
since downloading IE7 I have been unable to open files such as pdf
documents
online, which means I have to download them and then open and beginning to
annoy me a great deal. Today I have been unable to download an ms word
practice file from the microsoft tutorial site. Why is it so? What can I
do
to get around this?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tanya Tanya is offline

the practice file I am trying to download is from this site

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RP011356901033

"Tanya" wrote in message
since downloading IE7 I have been unable to open files such as pdf
documents
online, which means I have to download them and then open and beginning to
annoy me a great deal. Today I have been unable to download an ms word
practice file from the microsoft tutorial site. Why is it so? What can I
do
to get around this?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This issue has nothing to do with Word. You would be better asking your
questions relating to IE7 in an appropriate group.

"Tanya" wrote in message
since downloading IE7 I have been unable to open files such as pdf
documents
online, which means I have to download them and then open and
beginning to annoy me a great deal. Today I have been unable to
download an ms word practice file from the microsoft tutorial site.
Why is it so? What can I do
to get around this?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tanya Tanya is offline

The practice file I am trying to download is to do with ms word, and I could
not find a group relating to IE7 and I don't even know if that will get to
the root of the problem either.