SteveK

Default Hyperlinks lose blue font and underline after being selected

I am using Word 2003 and Win2000.

I have made a document with a lot of hyperlinks that point to other
documents on the company network. The hypertext links are blue and
underlined by default, and they work fine. But when I return to the
document those same links are no longer underlined nor blue. They no longer
look like hypertext. They look like regular text. Is this a bug?

SKrause
Dolby

garfield-n-odie

Modify the font color and underline style of the
FollowedHyperlink style as desired. To do this:
1. Click on Format | Styles and Formatting.
2. In the list of styles, click on the little black
downward-pointing triangle at the right end of the
FollowedHyperlink style name. If you don't see the
FollowedHyperlink style in the list, then add it to the list by
clicking on Show: Custom | check the "FollowedHyperlink" box | OK.
3. Click on Modify | Format | Font | choose desired font
attributes | Okay | check the "Add to Template" box | Okay.
4. If you are prompted to save changes to your Normal.dot
global template when you exit Word, say yes.

SteveK wrote:

I am using Word 2003 and Win2000.

I have made a document with a lot of hyperlinks that point to other
documents on the company network. The hypertext links are blue and
underlined by default, and they work fine. But when I return to the
document those same links are no longer underlined nor blue. They no longer
look like hypertext. They look like regular text. Is this a bug?

SKrause
Dolby

SteveK

That works. Thank you.

I find this very interesting because when I originally assigned hyperlinks
to the text I don't believe that I used a Style to do that. I think that I
right-clicked on the highlighted text and selected Hyperlink and filled out
the window that followed that. I guess that it automatically assigned it a
style of Hyperlink from the template's Styles, making it blue and underlined
as defined by the Hyperlink style. I didn't notice that there is a Followed
Hyperlink that is automatically associated to the Hyperlink style.

Thanks,
Steve K