Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] shaver@heraldnet.com is offline

Default Data Source

I am trying to do a mail merge. On my machine when I select open data
source, I get the option of choosing DDE, etc. When I choose this
option, it allows me to have 2 characters past the decimal point,
which is what I want.

I have other computers that I am trying to do the exact same process,
but instead of asking me to confirm data source and allowing me to
choose DDE, it comes up with Select Table. If I choose this method
the number past the decimal is no longer 2 digits, but at least 10.
How can I change this so that it doesn't ask to select table, but
instead asks to confirm data source?

Thanks
Diane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It depends on the version of Word.

In Word 97 and 2000, in the "Open Data Source" dialog box, check the box
called "Select Method"

In Word 2002 and 2003, check Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at
open"

In Word 2007, click the Office button, click "Word Options", select
"Advanced", find the "General" section, then check "Confirm file format
conversion on open"

Peter Jamieson

ps.com...