Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lenny Lenny is offline

Default StyleRef Field

I am workiing on a section of a large document. The section starts with a
Heading 5. All references are set to Heading 5. I have inserted the
StyleRef field into the header and it is set to Heading 5 with the \w switch.

The document is pulling in the correct section number except for page 12.
Up to, and after page 12, the pages are pulling the correct heading. Page 12
is in section 5 and is 'same as previous', all the sections are set to 'same
s previous'. There are section breaks in the document prior to page
12/section 5 and I can't find that the section breaks are affecting the
numbering in any of the prior sections...

It is showing section 3.1.1.5.2 when it should be showing 3.1.1.6..... The
number reflected in the header is the same number in the first section page
and header. Does anyone have any ideas??? I have deleted the field and
reinserted it from scratch, deleted it and copied and pasted the field from a
prior section....

Help is always appreciated. Best regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this is 1, 1.1, 1.1.1., .... type of numbering you should be able to use
the \n switch instead of \w. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news