sueppchen

Default Why are not new assigned shortcut keys being saved?

Everytime I assign new shortcuts from insert-symbols they only work for one
session. After I restart Microsoft Word I have to assign them again - why
aren't they saved or do I have to activate a feature?
Thxs
Charles Kenyon

From the FAQ:

28. I can't save my customizations - AutoText, menus, etc.
Can't save normal.dot...
If you have Adobe Acrobat 7 installed see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm.
Otherwise, hold down the Shift key when selecting the File
menu and select Save All.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"sueppchen" wrote in message
Everytime I assign new shortcuts from insert-symbols they only work for
one
session. After I restart Microsoft Word I have to assign them again - why
aren't they saved or do I have to activate a feature?
Thxs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fazli Fazli is offline

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. I am able to insert new symbols (and assign
keys) but everything gets lost when i researt session. I do not understand
why you mentioned acrobat below ( i don't see the relevance). In any case, i
use acrobat 9.

Thanks.

From the FAQ:

"sueppchen" wrote in message
Everytime I assign new shortcuts from insert-symbols they only work for
one
session. After I restart Microsoft Word I have to assign them again - why
aren't they saved or do I have to activate a feature?
Thxs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Acrobat is mentioned because some of its add-ins prevent Normal.dot from
being saved (shortcut key assignments are stored in Normal.dot).

http://word.mvps.org

"Fazli" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. I am able to insert new symbols (and assign
keys) but everything gets lost when i researt session. I do not understand
why you mentioned acrobat below ( i don't see the relevance). In any case,
use acrobat 9.

Thanks.

From the FAQ: