Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Tony Robbins Tony Robbins is offline

Default Hiding "Overflow" Linked Text Box when Empty

Aloha all,

I am trying to a form for work under Word 2003. The form itself has two
text (A and B) boxes, each of which is linked to an overflow text box (A2 and
B2). If there is too much text in textbox A, I want it to create a textbox
A2 on page 2 where it continues the data.

Now, simply linking the text boxes will create the effect, except it leaves
a second page on every form that doesn't need it. Rather than leaving the
linked text box (A2) in, I'd like to make it dynamically created or hidden
unless textbox A has overflowed.

This is slightly more complicated because I want similar behavior from
textbox B and B2.

Any suggestions? Do I need to use VBA for this or is there a simpler method
I haven't tracked down?

Thanks!
Tony