Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
William5271 William5271 is offline

Default Formatting a Mail Merge Feild

I am trying to re-format date feild from a mail merge and I want it to read
January 1st, 2007 What is the feild code for this format?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Formatting a Mail Merge Field

William5271 wrote:
I am trying to re-format date feild from a mail merge and I want it
to read January 1st, 2007 What is the feild code for this format?

You would need to spell field correctly for it to work and you cannot do it
readily with one field (though see
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm )

{Mergefield DATEFIELDNAME \@ "MMMM " }{Mergefield DATEFIELDNAME \@ "d"
\*ordinal }, {Mergefield DATEFIELDNAME \@ "yyyy" }