Church secretary

Default How do keep blank lines when merging a document with the data and.

I am merging a label, in Microsoft Word 2003,with a possibility of three
titles, but some of these only have two or one. I need to keep the lines
that don't have a title to keep the format of the label. How do I keep the
blank lines when merging this document and printing the labels.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q2h1cmNoIHNlY3JldGFyeQ==?=,

I am merging a label, in Microsoft Word 2003,with a possibility of three
titles, but some of these only have two or one. I need to keep the lines
that don't have a title to keep the format of the label. How do I keep the
blank lines when merging this document and printing the labels.

See my response to Dick Stevens, just adjacent. You're looking for the Mail
Merge... command that will bring up a dialog box where you can choose (among
other things) whether to retain or suppress blank lines.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

ftroop

I looked at the response for Dick Stevens and did not understand
how to keep blank lines in. I went to your website and did not
understand what it meant. I am merging data to a cassette label.
I need to keep the blank lines if there is no 2nd or 3rd title. How do I do
this in Word 2003.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Q2h1cmNoIHNlY3JldGFyeQ==?=,

I am merging a label, in Microsoft Word 2003,with a possibility of three
titles, but some of these only have two or one. I need to keep the lines
that don't have a title to keep the format of the label. How do I keep the
blank lines when merging this document and printing the labels.

See my response to Dick Stevens, just adjacent. You're looking for the Mail
Merge... command that will bring up a dialog box where you can choose (among
other things) whether to retain or suppress blank lines.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZnRyb29w?=,

I looked at the response for Dick Stevens and did not understand
how to keep blank lines in. I went to your website and did not
understand what it meant. I am merging data to a cassette label.
I need to keep the blank lines if there is no 2nd or 3rd title. How do I do
this in Word 2003.

Go to my website. Click on the Mail merge FAQ link. Click on the merge in Word
2002 link. Click on the Word 2002/2003 link in the pane on the left. Click on
the "Getting back older interfaces" link. Read the instructions in the window
that pops up on how to get back an old command. You need the command "Mail
merge..."