Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Les Golden, Oak Park, Illinois

Default printing on postcard problem

Here's my problem. I designed a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 postcard, with two columns,
one for message and one for mail merge address. I perform the merge. Now I
have 400 postcards of that dimension. But I want to print out 4 at a time on
an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I'm using Word 97. How do I format that? If I simply
lay them side by side, the columns run over. Should I be using "Break" from
the Insert tab somehow. Never have had luck with that.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yup!

"Rob" wrote in message
I guess I didn't see. That didn't work, but I have it working now by
changing around paper dimensions, which is
probably exactly what you were trying to tell me to do .

"Rob" wrote in message
Ok I think I see... Use text boxes and rotate the text should do the

trick
I hope!!

"Rob" wrote in message
But then the text needs to be rotated 90 degrees as I need the text to

be
oriented along
the long edge of the card.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Make sure your setup is for Portrait with height 4" and width 6".

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Rob" wrote in message
I'm tearing my hair out over here on something that should be simple.
I'm
printing on 4x6 postcards, however my printer will not accept the
postcards
with the short edge pointing inwards. (when it feeds the cards in,

it
slips
every time and I lose a couple of inches of print, they are glossy...
with
them oriented the long way, the printer has more rollers against the
card
and grabs them better). So, I'm trying to feed them in along the

long
edge.

No matter how I set the page layout or the printer driver

orientation,
it
wants to print the documents as though they were being fed in along

the
short edge. Basically I need to rotate everything 90 degrees.

I'm using Word to do this because it's a mail merge document where

I'm
pulling in records from an Excel spreadsheet and have several hundred
postcards to print.

Thanks for any help.