Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sam

Default Copying Excel data into Word: setting the Tabs

Hello

I need to create data tables in Word. I setup the a table template in word.
It has the column headings. Each column heading is separted by a tab. Then
I copy data from Excel and paste it into Word. The problem is that data from
Excel doesn't line up well with the table headings. The reason is the
following: the tab length is different for the text from Excel [Word treats
two values in adjacent cells as being separated by a tab].

Is there anything that can be done? Can the Excel data being pasted be
forced to confirm to existing tabs? Otherwise, can the tabs for the data
copied from Excel be edited [I tried changing the width of the cells in Excel
before I copy them, but that doesn't seem to work]?

Thank you!