viv

Default Custom size labels Word XP

Have to do a mail merge & use labels that are a custom size. They are 4 to a
page, landscape, paper size is 33cm (13") wide x 22.5cm (8.8") high. I have
no problem creating the custom labels. The problem is that the label
information window won't let me choose a custom paper size. Any way I can do
that? I have created the custom paper size & saved into normal.dot &
global.dot but it is not an available option when creating the labels. Thanks

viv

That's the problem. There is no larger size. The largest size's width is
too small to create & save custom labels (because it is landscape
orientated). There doesn't seem to be an option for landscape orientation.

viv wrote:
Have to do a mail merge & use labels that are a custom size. They
are 4 to a page, landscape, paper size is 33cm (13") wide x 22.5cm
(8.8") high. I have no problem creating the custom labels. The
problem is that the label information window won't let me choose a
custom paper size. Any way I can do that? I have created the custom
paper size & saved into normal.dot & global.dot but it is not an
available option when creating the labels. Thanks

Doug Robbins

Labels in Word are only tables with fixed cell dimensions. So just create a
normal document with the desired paper size and layout and then use that as
a basis for a mailmerge.

If you are using XP or later, turn on the Mailmerge toolbar by selecting
Toolbars from the View menu and select the mailmerge item. Use the left
hand button to select the type of mailmerge either, formletter of label will
do. Then use the next button along to attach the data source, then use the
fifth from the left to insert the mergefields into each cell and use the
Insert Word Field button to insert a Next field before the first mergefield
in each cell except the first one on the sheet. Then execute the merge to a
printer or a new document using the buttons at the right hand end of the
toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

viv wrote:
Have to do a mail merge & use labels that are a custom size. They
are 4 to a page, landscape, paper size is 33cm (13") wide x 22.5cm
(8.8") high. I have no problem creating the custom labels. The
problem is that the label information window won't let me choose a
custom paper size. Any way I can do that? I have created the custom
paper size & saved into normal.dot & global.dot but it is not an
available option when creating the labels. Thanks

viv

Thank you. That DID work. And I later realised that our doc mgmt system,
iManage lets you make anything into a label. Didn't have to create a custom
label. Thanks for all your help everyone.