Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Puppet_Sock Puppet_Sock is offline

Default list number messes with indents

I have a list that looks like so

c) Item first
d) Item second
e) Item third

because it has continued the numbering from the
previous list in a previous section. All of these are
the same style (which is called List Alpha if it matters).

Fine. So I right click and choose "Restart at a" and then I get this.

a) Item first
b) Item second
c) Item third

Now I can manually correct the indent. But I have this situation
about sixty times in my document. I'd rather not have to manually
restore the indenting every expletive time.

What's going wrong here? How can I get it to restart that list
without mangling the indenting?
Socks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It has been a few years, but I believe I put a stop to that behavior by
clearing all the autocorrect check boxes pertaining to lists.

Pam

Puppet_Sock wrote:
I have a list that looks like so

c) Item first
d) Item second
e) Item third

because it has continued the numbering from the
previous list in a previous section. All of these are
the same style (which is called List Alpha if it matters).

Fine. So I right click and choose "Restart at a" and then I get this.

a) Item first
b) Item second
c) Item third

Now I can manually correct the indent. But I have this situation
about sixty times in my document. I'd rather not have to manually
restore the indenting every expletive time.

What's going wrong here? How can I get it to restart that list
without mangling the indenting?
Socks

hanging indents/list #'s kj Microsoft Word Help 3 April 21st 08 01:36 PM
First Number in Cross Referenced Number List Won't Update Todd M. Taylor Microsoft Word Help 3 September 28th 07 06:08 PM
Number Indents jfg Page Layout 2 April 16th 07 04:54 PM
list indents shank New Users 3 March 25th 07 03:58 PM
"Restart Numbering" messes with style-controlled indents hans Microsoft Word Help 2 September 1st 06 04:09 PM