Bill

Default centering text

How do I center text both horizontally and vertically. Its for college essay
paper title page and it must be in the center of the page, please send
response soon

There are two ways to do this:

1. Ctrl+E to center horizontally. Add some Space Before to the title until
it looks visually centered vertically.

2. Ctrl+E to center horizontally. Insert a section break (Next Page) at the
end of the title page. On the Layout tab of Page Setup, making sure that
"This section" (i.e., Section 1) is selected, change the vertical alignment
to Center.

I generally prefer (1) because (a) I prefer to avoid section breaks unless
they're absolutely necessary, and (b) a paragraph that is actually centered
vertically will look too low, so you'll need to add some Space After to make
it look right. It's much easier just to add Space Before and have done with
it.

"Bill" wrote in message
How do I center text both horizontally and vertically. Its for college

essay
paper title page and it must be in the center of the page, please send
response soon

Stan Brown

"?B?QmlsbA==?=" wrote in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
How do I center text both horizontally and vertically. Its for college essay
paper title page and it must be in the center of the page, please send
response soon

Horizontally is easy -- click the icon that looks like centered
text.

Vertically is easy too but less obvious. Select File... Page Setup
and click the Layout tab. Then look for "Vertical alignment", open
the drop-down list, and click Center.

Both settings go with the document when you Save it.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/