NP

Default header and page number portrait on landscape page?

hey there
I have a number of landscape pages (tables etc) but the rest of the document
is portrait. is there a way to get the header and page number on the
landscape pages to be portrait (i.e. orientated like the rest of the
document) rather than landscape?
thanks
Nancy
p.s. am using word 2002
TF

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...apeSection.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"NP" wrote in message
: hey there
: I have a number of landscape pages (tables etc) but the rest of the
document
: is portrait. is there a way to get the header and page number on the
: landscape pages to be portrait (i.e. orientated like the rest of the
: document) rather than landscape?
: thanks
: Nancy
: p.s. am using word 2002

Steve McDermott (new to list).

If I understand the question correctly (by rephrasing):
You want to have the headers/footers remain the same regardless of page
orientation or section.

Click View Headers and Footers. Cycle to your landscaped pages (i.e.,
sections) by clicking next header/footer. In the Header/Footer window, click
on the Same As Previous button.
This assumes you have started the document with a portrait orientation.

You may have to do some polishing with it to work, and remember, it only
works for the selected feature, not the section (i.e., you have to perform
these steps for your header and your footer for both to be affected).
(to the left of the "Switch between header and footer" button). This copies
the spacing and contents of the previo