DavidH

Default replace auto line breaks with manual line breaks

Greetings group
I desire to do a search and replace on a word document where by the
soft line breaks inserted automaticaly by WORD are replaced with hard (
or manual ) linebreaks.
Many thanks for assistance
DavidH

Michael Kintner

Goto to the Replace in the Edit Menu

Edit Replace

At the bottom of the Find and Replace click the MORE options

Then click the Special Button and there you will find your hard returns.

Good Luck,
Mike

"DavidH" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings group
I desire to do a search and replace on a word document where by the
soft line breaks inserted automaticaly by WORD are replaced with hard (
or manual ) linebreaks.
Many thanks for assistance
DavidH

DavidH

Thanks Mike,
It is not the hard returns that I want to find.
I want to find the soft returns that Word inserts as it wraps a line.
Then i want to replace them with hard returns.
many thanks DavidH

Stefan Blom

Have you tried using FileSave As, and choosing the "Text only with
line breaks" file type?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DavidH" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Mike,
It is not the hard returns that I want to find.
I want to find the soft returns that Word inserts as it wraps a
line.
Then i want to replace them with hard returns.
many thanks DavidH

DavidH

Thanks Stefan
for the adivce.
The underlying problem that I have is that I am merging to e-mail and
in the process creating 40-100 individual e-mails.
Formating as received in the recipients mailbox tends to get rather
messed up.
If I could insert hard carriage returns before the merge then that
problem would be solved.
I used Eudora for my mail.
best wishes
and thanks for the contact