Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tony

Default Automating MailMerge

I have a word document ties to an access database which has a Field "Printed"
which is either True or False. I would like word to check the Printed Field
and if it False then print the Form - and then convert the access Field to
False - so that it is not printed again. I guess I will need a macro - but
I'm not even sure where to start.

Any Help would be great.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dG9ueQ==?=,

I have a word document ties to an access database which has a Field "Printed"
which is either True or False. I would like word to check the Printed Field
and if it False then print the Form - and then convert the access Field to
False - so that it is not printed again. I guess I will need a macro - but
I'm not even sure where to start.

Well, on the mail merge side you can set up your merge like a query, to only
"see" and merge records where this is false.

The other part of the logic, toggling this to "true", is something you'll have
to have in the Access database. Best place to get help with this part is in an
Access newsgroup. Right off the top of my head, I'd say you'd need an Access
form to control the mail merge (open the document, execute the merge, for
example) and then update the fields (perhaps an Update query). Maybe put a
password on the document so that the user can't open it and run the merge
without using your code in Access.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org