Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Multiple notes to a single footnote

I am creating a document where I need to asterist several items in my text
to the same footnote. In the text I mention Mary, Jane, Bill, Mike and want
to asterist Mary, Bill and Mike to a single footnote that might say "Honors
students". It seems as if Word wants to give each person his or her own
footnote. Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Instead of inserting a second footnote insert a cross reference to the first
one, then format the number as superscript.

Eric wrote:
I am creating a document where I need to asterist several items in my
text to the same footnote. In the text I mention Mary, Jane, Bill,
Mike and want to asterist Mary, Bill and Mike to a single footnote
that might say "Honors students". It seems as if Word wants to give
each person his or her own footnote. Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I've made the same mistake. Guess who rescued me? g

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP