Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
The Pains of Change : ) The Pains of Change : ) is offline

Default What happened to my word 2003 NO FUSS auto text for FOOTERS that

What happened to my word 2003 NO FUSS auto text for FOOTERS
that inserts with the click of the mouse a static "file path" of the current
document
into the footer of any open document??

Don't want to use macros, building blocks or other nonsense. Just my point
and click of 2003.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VGhlIFBhaW5zIG9mIENoYW5nZSA6ICk=?=,

What happened to my word 2003 NO FUSS auto text for FOOTERS
that inserts with the click of the mouse a static "file path" of the current
document
into the footer of any open document??

Don't want to use macros, building blocks or other nonsense. Just my point
and click of 2003.

And you're still using Word 2003?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Sounds like he's using 2007 (where the Building Blocks don't include
"Filename and path").

"Cindy M." wrote in message
Hi ?B?VGhlIFBhaW5zIG9mIENoYW5nZSA6ICk=?=,

What happened to my word 2003 NO FUSS auto text for FOOTERS
that inserts with the click of the mouse a static "file path" of the

current
document
into the footer of any open document??

Don't want to use macros, building blocks or other nonsense. Just my

point
and click of 2003.

And you're still using Word 2003?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Just insert the FILENAME field manually. Place the insertion point in the
footer. Press Ctrl+F9. Word inserts field delimiters, { }. Type FILENAME \p.
Press F9 to update the field. Use Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP