Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cnlrskmgt1 cnlrskmgt1 is offline

Default opening a file from an older word version

I just downloiaded service pack 3 and now i can't open files from older
versions of word I keep getting this message

this file type is blocked by your registry settings

what can I do

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

cnlrskmgt1 wrote:
I just downloiaded service pack 3 and now i can't open files from
older versions of word I keep getting this message

this file type is blocked by your registry settings

what can I do

Follow the instructions in the "Word" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cnlrskmgt1 cnlrskmgt1 is offline

I can get all the way to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord but I do not see a
security tab

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

cnlrskmgt1 wrote:
I just downloiaded service pack 3 and now i can't open files from
older versions of word I keep getting this message

this file type is blocked by your registry settings

what can I do

Follow the instructions in the "Word" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I'm not sure what to tell you. That key does exist on each PC I've
checked that has Office 2003, either SP2 or SP3. But none of them have
the specific value FileOpenBlock mentioned in the article.

I don't know whether this is one of the cases where you can simply
create the keys and values that aren't there yet, or whether that
would cause a problem.