Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lauren38 lauren38 is offline

Default How do I make Word stay open when I close my one open document?

When I only have one word document open, then go and close it, the whole Word
program closes. Is there a setting to make Word remain open, even if no
documents are open?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

lauren38 wrote:
When I only have one word document open, then go and close it, the
whole Word program closes. Is there a setting to make Word remain
open, even if no documents are open?

Don't use the X button on the upper right corner. Instead, take your pick of
these:

Ctrl+W
Ctrl+F4
Office button Close
Right-click the Office button Close command and add it to the Quick Access
Toolbar

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003, the last document has two X buttons, one for the document and
one for the application, so I imagine you're talking about Word 2007. You
can use Office Button | Close or Ctrl+W, or you can add a Close button to
the QAT.

http://word.mvps.org