Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cloudchaser the Red Wolf furry Cloudchaser the Red Wolf furry is offline

Default Microsoft Word having trouble displaying .doc

Hi! :-)

I'm not sure just where this should go, so I apologize if I overdid on posting

Microsoft Word is having trouble displaying .doc files that are supposed to
have color and/or images.

For example, poems & stories listed in this gallery, most if not all of
which have embedded images (caution, dark red around the border means adult
content)
http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/vixyyfox/

Of one, the author told me "It should have a deep red background to the
point of almost black, and the type is in white" but that doesn't happen.

Of all of them, when I try to open one, I get "unable to load graphics
filter. continue with document conversion?" followed by what appears to be a
blank page if I select yes and I have to highlight the page to see the text.
If I select no, "an unexpected error occured while reading....(insert
filename here).doc"

What can I do to fix this problem? My comp's only a year old, so I don't
think that Microsoft Word being out of date is an issue.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For future reference, if you put all the newsgroup names in the header of a
single post (cross-posting instead of multi-posting) then anyone who reads
any of the NGs will see the post, no one will see it more than once, and you
will be able to see all the answers in any one of the NGs.

. com wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're welcome.

"Cloudchaser the Red Wolf furry"
. com wrote in message
OK, thanx for the tip :-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For future reference, if you put all the newsgroup names in the header

of a
single post (cross-posting instead of multi-posting) then anyone who

reads
any of the NGs will see the post, no one will see it more than once, and

you
will be able to see all the answers in any one of the NGs.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.