Numbering in a table

Old July 8th 08, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Amanda

Default Numbering in a table

hi,

I am setting up a table with a list of items in it. Each item is on a
different row and I'd like to number the sections as follows:

1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3 (and so on 1.4, 1.5 etc etc)
2.0
2.1
2.2
Etc, etc.

I cannot set it up so it automatically numebrs in this way. It wants to do
this:

1.0
2.0
3.0 etc

Does anyone know how I set up the automatic numbering.

Thanks

Amanda
Old July 9th 08, 03:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You will need to use a multi-level list numbering scheme. What version of
Word are you using?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old July 9th 08, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Amanda

Hi,

I am using 2003.

Old July 9th 08, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil[_2_]

"Amanda" wrote:

Hi,

I am using 2003.

See these pages:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html

Then when you have finished setting up standard outline numbering for two
levels, you will get this in your document:

1.
1.1
1.2
1.3
2.
2.1
2.2

To get what you want, go back to the Customize Outline Numbered List dialogue.
Select Level 1 in the list at the left, add a "0" after the "." in the
Number Format field. Now you should have:

1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
2.0
2.1
2.2

Old March 26th 14, 09:07 AM

Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
hi,

I am setting up a table with a list of items in it. Each item is on a
different row and I'd like to number the sections as follows:

1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3 (and so on 1.4, 1.5 etc etc)
2.0
2.1
2.2
Etc, etc.

I cannot set it up so it automatically numebrs in this way. It wants to do
this:

1.0
2.0
3.0 etc

Does anyone know how I set up the automatic numbering.

Thanks

Amanda
Hi Amanda. I have some table numbering tools which address the kind of thing you seem to be trying. Details at http://documentproductivity.blogspot.co.nz/

Martin

Updating table numbering Faith Tables 3 April 8th 08 01:54 PM
Table-numbering won't go 'way Jonathan589 Tables 1 February 20th 07 01:49 PM
Table of contents numbering not consistent with page numbering format srd Tables 1 July 9th 06 07:49 PM
numbering in table ykchanaed Tables 5 November 7th 05 08:21 AM
Numbering in a Table AMA Tables 2 August 20th 05 12:21 AM