MERGEFORMAT problem

Old November 29th 05, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default MERGEFORMAT problem

Hi all.

Word 2002
Windows 2000

Here is my problem.
I create a mailmerge document that uses MS query to connect to the data.
I then format the field with the font I want and add the \*MERGEFORMAT
switch. This works fine if the field I have consists of one word. If I
have two or more words in the merged data the first word is good, but the
2nd and next words will not carry the same formatting. Is this a problem, a
feature, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Frank

Old November 29th 05, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Either omit the mergeformat switch, or change it to a charformat switch.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old November 29th 05, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Thanks.

I did it here the normal way I do - no switch it is fine.
Either MERGEFORMAT or CHARFORMAT aslo produce correct results here. Maybe
it's the customer's print setup - a printer share through an AS/400 on an
old Proprinter.