MERGEFORMAT

Old October 10th 06, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nz039926@yahoo.com

Default MERGEFORMAT

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to add this code to a word doc, I am having to
type similar code manually everytime a new code has been created. I
can't copy and paste as I have to press CTRL + F9 for "{}"

{IF {MERGEFIELD"REG_CODE"}="LAB"{INCLUDETEXT "C:\\DB\\LAB.doc" \*
MERGEFORMAT}""\MERGEFORMAT}

Thanks for you help.
A.

Old October 10th 06, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Select a field of that kind that you've already inserted the long way. Press
Alt+F3 anf give a name for the AutoText entry. This will be saved in the
Normal.dot template.

The next time you need a field like that, type the name of the AutoText
entry and press F3 to insert the field in the document. Expand the field
code and change whatever needs to be different (I assume it's a different
file path). Press F9 to update the field.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm for more info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old October 11th 06, 06:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It is not \MERGEFORMAT but \*MERGEFORMAT! - in any case the syntax of your
field construction is wrong. It should be

{IF {MERGEFIELD "REG_CODE"} = "LAB" "{INCLUDETEXT "C:\\DB\\LAB.doc"
\*MERGEFORMAT }" ""}
Press Ctrl+F9 for each field bracket pair {} and type in the rest. Toggle
the display ALT+F9 and update the field.F9

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org