Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt Richter Matt Richter is offline

Default Massive headaches creating a form in Word 2007.

Hi all, I'm trying to make an expense report in Word 2007. Here's what I'm
running into. First, if you ask why I'm doing it this way, I want to use the
Date Picker control, that I can't find in Excel! So I formed a table, and
worked out the rows and columns. Now, here's where the problems start. When I
put the page into "developer" mode, all the formatting goes screwy, as the
control size is different in developer mode than in the normal mode. Next, I
find I can't constrain a column in the table to be dollars... The only way I
can see to make any type of constraint on a cell (there is no "format cell"
option) is to use a "text control" on the cell, and lock it's properties.

So now I'm going to give up, go back to Excel, and live without the Date
Picker (why oh why is it available in one app and not the other? Microsoft,
what about some uniformity here? Or is that too much to ask?).

So, I'm no Office expert (I'm sure that's obvious to anyone who read this)
but I can't for the life of me see why this is so hard?

Also, when I went to the help for Word, and I typed "How to change cell
properties in Word" the first response I get is "Add a cell, row or column to
a table" and the next is "View or change the properties for an Office
Document". So the help files are pretty much useless as well.

Any help here?