fiona nelson

Default Comments and pdfs

Hi,

I have a series of documents which get updated each year and then pdfed and
sent off to various groups. To help me keep track of where I'm up to, I put
in comments at update points (contact details usually) along the lines of
"Correct at..."

This is fine for the Word docs, as they are internal and they are actually
really handy, but I have just realised that these are also translating to the
pdf docs. These get sent out to various regulatory boards, so I don't want
them showing up. Is there a way to stop them from showing up in the pdf yet
keep them in the word doc? They are showing up as yellow notepad icons,
which when you hover over them reveal the comment. They obscure text as well.

I'm using word XP and I got someone else to change them to pdf, and I think
they were using adobe acrobat v 6.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Fiona Nelson

Daiya Mitchell

In Word, about all you could do is make a copy of the document, remove the
comments from it, and PDF and distribute that, then delete it or file it as
"sent out on XY date"

Alternatively, presumably somewhere in Acrobat the person who PDFs them
could tell Acrobat not to include comments. You'd have to ask an Acrobat
expert about that.

You maybe could experiment with less expensive PDF creators which might not
have the capability to transform comments, such as PrimoPDF, CutePDF or
pdf1995. Search the web. But such alternatives might also not have the
capability to use other features that you do want, check carefully. I'm not
familiar with those, I'm just guessing the reason they are cheaper is that
they have fewer features.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

fiona nelson

Thanks Daiya,

I thought it was probably a feature of Acrobat. I'll go check and see what
I have to do. You're right - I want to keep other features such as
hyperlinks to sections and the like. I'll report back with what I find out.

Fiona Nelson