Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tenna

Default office 2003 add a button to a toolbar should actually WORK

I have owned many versions of MS office and they all have worked the same
way. To add a button to your tool bar you go to view/customize/commands/drag
the button to the toolbar/close. Then from now on the button is there. But
THIS version doesnt do that. Even though it says it does. I add the button
( at least 4 times now). Close, and the next time I reboot the computer my
button is GONE!

Why does this happen and how do I or microsoft fix it?

I think this is a BUG. Any ideas anyone?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:58:02 -0800, "Tenna"
wrote:

I have owned many versions of MS office and they all have worked the same
way. To add a button to your tool bar you go to view/customize/commands/drag
the button to the toolbar/close. Then from now on the button is there. But
THIS version doesn’t do that. Even though it says it does. I add the button
( at least 4 times now). Close, and the next time I reboot the computer my
button is GONE!

Why does this happen and how do I or microsoft fix it?

I think this is a BUG. Any ideas anyone?

Normally Word 2003 behaves the same in this respect as previous
versions. Something in your setup is interfering with it -- and it is
NOT Microsoft's fault.

Do you have Adobe Acrobat 7? If so, its add-in prevents saving
Normal.dot. See the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm for
instructions.

If that isn't it, you need to find out why Normal.dot isn't being
saved, or perhaps is being overwritten each time you restart Word.
This could be a network login script or something like that.

As a workaround, you can save the toolbar changes in a new template,
and save that in the Startup folder (see the Tools Options File
Locations dialog for its location).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman