Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ram

Default page number in exact position

Hi,
I have multi page word document document which contains single table that
spans more than one page. I have this page number in the footer section of
document(left justified). How can I make this page number to come exactly
right below the left bottom of the table in the footer. I would like to
automate this using word VBA. Help needed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

You don't need vba to do this. You need to configure the paragraph style of
the footer in the document's template so that the number entered there
appears as you want it.

Ram wrote:
Hi,
I have multi page word document document which contains single
table that spans more than one page. I have this page number in the
footer section of document(left justified). How can I make this page
number to come exactly right below the left bottom of the table in
the footer. I would like to automate this using word VBA. Help needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I don't think so. If the table varies in depth (that is, doesn't always
extend clear to the bottom margin), and Ram wants the page number to be in
the same position relative to the bottom of the table on every page (which
is how I read his question), this would be difficult to do with ordinary
footer formatting.

Ram wrote:
Hi,
I have multi page word document document which contains single
table that spans more than one page. I have this page number in the
footer section of document(left justified). How can I make this page
number to come exactly right below the left bottom of the table in
the footer. I would like to automate this using word VBA. Help needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ram

Hi,
Thank you. I guess it is possible if I have only one page table. I don't
need the footer in the footer section. I want a line of sentenence right
after the table(relative to the bottom. I want to do this VBA. Rather than
typing the sentence in word if I can you this with word VBA, I can automate
with other docs that occupy only one page.

Ram wrote:
Hi,
I have multi page word document document which contains single
table that spans more than one page. I have this page number in the
footer section of document(left justified). How can I make this page
number to come exactly right below the left bottom of the table in
the footer. I would like to automate this using word VBA. Help needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You might try adding a row to the table (removing the borders, if any) and
putting your desired content in the bottom row of the table. But that would
work only for single-page tables. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
It is much more conventional to put the page number in the footer and have
it appear in the same location on every page regardless of page content.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't think so. If the table varies in depth (that is, doesn't always
extend clear to the bottom margin), and Ram wants the page number to be

in
the same position relative to the bottom of the table on every page

(which
is how I read his question), this would be difficult to do with ordinary
footer formatting.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Ram wrote:
Hi,
I have multi page word document document which contains single
table that spans more than one page. I have this page number in the
footer section of document(left justified). How can I make this page
number to come exactly right below the left bottom of the table in
the footer. I would like to automate this using word VBA. Help

needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ram

Hi,
For the single page docs I want put a note (not page number, sorry I
didn't specify clearly)right after the table. Using VBA, I enter a enter key
at the end of the table and enter spaces so that the note starts right after
the table.
About multi-page docs I want a put a page number in the footnote section.
Ofcourse I can do that. But there will line gap between table and footnote.
Is it possible to get rid of that space between table and pagenumber in
footnote section.

Ram wrote:
Hi,
I have multi page word document document which contains single
table that spans more than one page. I have this page number in the
footer section of document(left justified). How can I make this page
number to come exactly right below the left bottom of the table in
the footer. I would like to automate this using word VBA. Help

needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I don't see how inserting a paragraph break and spaces makes your note come
"right after the table." That seems contradictory. And no, there is no way
to have footer text in the footer and have it still be at the bottom of your
table if the table runs short. If you really mean a footnote rather than a
footer, then yes, you can choose to have it "Below text" instead of "Bottom
of page."