Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Hughes Larry Hughes is offline

Default Word HELP Please!

I need to reformat this word document and I just dont know how. I am no
longer with this company and can not figure out how to take out the logo etc
and change it with my new company. The document can be found at
www.larryhughes.net/LockedWordDocument.doc

if anyone can help it would be appreciated!

Larry Hughes
323.228.2736
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Professional ethics aside... The "logo etc" is in the
header/footer along with the blue border at the top of the page,
the disclaimer at the bottom of the page, and the "For more
information call" line, all pasted into the header/footer as a
picture which is not easily editable. If you just want to change
the company name/website, then the easiest way might be to open
the header/footer, create a text box formatted with white fill
color to cover up the existing company name/website, and insert
your own information into the text box.

Larry Hughes wrote:

I need to reformat this word document and I just dont know how. I am no
longer with this company and can not figure out how to take out the logo etc
and change it with my new company. The document can be found at
www.larryhughes.net/LockedWordDocument.doc

if anyone can help it would be appreciated!

Larry Hughes
323.228.2736

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Hughes Larry Hughes is offline

Thanks for your help...I have another question. As you see in the document
there is a form for the lack of the exact term that I fill out to show the
financing options. I tried in a ealier version of word to have this form act
like excel update when I change one field namely the price, interest rate and
term but it did not work. I wanted to know if in the 2007 version will I be
able to accomplish this task or do you think I will be able to insert an
excel table in the word document in 2007 and make it look the same and have
the behavior that I am looking for.

I provide these listing sheets to realtors for there properties and it helps
them sell the listings as the buyers can really see that payments required.
What I dont like is that I have to spend time working the numbers. It would
make my life and this process so much easier if I can pre-format this and
just add the picture address sales prices and Interest rate and be done.

Thanks in advance for your time...

Larry Hughes

Larry Hughes wrote:

I need to reformat this word document and I just dont know how. I am no
longer with this company and can not figure out how to take out the logo etc
and change it with my new company. The document can be found at
www.larryhughes.net/LockedWordDocument.doc

if anyone can help it would be appreciated!

Larry Hughes
323.228.2736

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

2007 doesn't change the functions available for a protected form. Whichever
Word version you use, it would be possible to insert an Excel spreadsheet as
an object in an unprotected section in the document formatted as you require
and which you could double click to make the changes in Excel.

It probably possible to use calculated form fields to produce the
information that you want in the Word form, and it would be almost certainly
possible to fill the form fields with the correct calculated results using
macros run on exit from the appropriate fields. What you need to post for
help on this is the nature of the calculations involved. i.e. what *exactly*
do you want to happen?