Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redbobo redbobo is offline

Default Office 2010 beta question

I heard that the new word has a conversion from PDF to Word is this true?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not true. Word to PDF, yes. PDF to Word, no, unless you count copy/paste,
which is imperfect, at best.

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"redbobo" wrote in message
I heard that the new word has a conversion from PDF to Word is this true?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rogersmith123 Rogersmith123 is offline

redbobo;614764 Wrote:
I heard that the new word has a conversion from PDF to Word is this
true?

I don't think so, the new Word can save Word as PDF format with the
add-in, but if you wanna convert PDF to Word, you need some third party
application. The one I'm using is 'AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter'
(http://www.anypdftools.com/pdf-to-word.html#163), works great. And
there are some useful online services.

I'm still using Word 2007.:clap:

--
Rogersmith123
Rogersmith123's Profile: 1400

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 2010 does not require an add-in. Unlike Word 2007, the ability to save
as PDF is built into Office 2010.

Going the other way, however--PDF to Word--requires either something
external like you're using, or copy/paste.

--

"Rogersmith123" wrote in message

redbobo;614764 Wrote:
I heard that the new word has a conversion from PDF to Word is this
true?

I don't think so, the new Word can save Word as PDF format with the
add-in, but if you wanna convert PDF to Word, you need some third party
application. The one I'm using is 'AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter'
(http://www.anypdftools.com/pdf-to-word.html#163), works great. And
there are some useful online services.

I'm still using Word 2007.:clap:

--
Rogersmith123
Rogersmith123's Profile: 1400
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=170792

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rogersmith123[_2_] Rogersmith123[_2_] is offline

To Herb Tyson, thanks for your information.
Many users say that the save as PDF function for Word 2007 has some
bugs, especially the hyperlinks preservation.
Hope that Word 2010 can do a better job.