Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ejpughjr ejpughjr is offline

Default Where did my symbols go?

under 'insert' I have the 'Symbols' command but when clicked nothing comes up
at all. How do I get my symbols back?

Once again, I have the 'symbols' under the 'insert' command but when
clicked, no symbols appear.

Thanks,

JIM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That can happen if you inadvertently created a macro named InsertSymbol.

What happens if you start Word using the /a switch? Does Insert - Symbol
work now?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"ejpughjr" wrote in message
under 'insert' I have the 'Symbols' command but when clicked nothing comes
up
at all. How do I get my symbols back?

Once again, I have the 'symbols' under the 'insert' command but when
clicked, no symbols appear.

Thanks,

JIM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ejpughjr ejpughjr is offline

Thanks for the scoop. We went ahead and downloaded the symbols from micosoft
and they seem t obe working fine now.
JIM

"ejpughjr" wrote in message
under 'insert' I have the 'Symbols' command but when clicked nothing comes
up
at all. How do I get my symbols back?

Once again, I have the 'symbols' under the 'insert' command but when
clicked, no symbols appear.

Thanks,

JIM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kbnjknjk kbnjknjk is offline

"ejpughjr" wrote:

Thanks for the scoop. We went ahead and downloaded the symbols from micosoft
and they seem t obe working fine now.
JIM

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

HELP!!!!
i wanted to insert the degrees centigrade symbol and so changed the shortcut to produce this symbol to del, shift=. however now i cannot use deletekey anymore-how do i get its use back???????