Dami Dami is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2000 Frames and Word 2007

I used to use Word 2000 and recently upgraded to 2007. In the old version, I used the Frames feature to create a linked "short" list of headings in the main document to an index attached to the document. Is it possible to do this with Word 2007? I really love this feature, and if 2007 has it, I sure don't know what it's called. I searched the help files for Frames, but Word seems to think I mean Web frames. I wouldn't use Word to make a web page if my life depended on it. So, is this old feature not supported in the new version? Help!

TIA
Dami

Edited to add: Never mind, I found what I needed.

Last edited by Dami : March 24th 10 at 03:39 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Are you referring to text frames? You can add the Insert Frame command to
the Quick Access Toolbar (via Office button | Word Options, Customize).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dami" wrote in message
news

I used to use Word 2000 and recently upgraded to 2007. In the old
version, I used the Frames feature to create a linked "short" list of
headings in the main document to an index attached to the document. Is
it possible to do this with Word 2007? I really love this feature, and
if 2007 has it, I sure don't know what it's called. I searched the
help files for Frames, but Word seems to think I mean Web frames. I
wouldn't use Word to make a web page if my life depended on it. So, is
this old feature not supported in the new version? Help!

TIA
Dami

--
Dami

SidneySilas SidneySilas is offline
Junior Member

Don't worry,

It is quietly different from 2000. You need to understand the features of office 2007. After this, you feel it easy.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

I'm not sure what your point is... Note that although the user interface is
different, Word's features haven't changed.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP