Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Tim is offline

Default Tutorials/Resources on how to make a Word Document 508 Accessable

Hello All;
I have a document in Word that I need to make 508 accessable because I work
for a fedeeral agency. I am ultimately going to convert it to acrobat format
but I hear it is much better to make the doc ument accessable in Word rather
than waitng until it is in Acrobat. I also found this to be true because
converting tables in acrobat format is a complicated task that I have still
not ben able to figure out.

So ... can anyone lead me to some good tutorials/resources on how to make a
Word Document accessable so when I convert it to Acrobat, the Acrobat file
can be read by page readers.

Thanks much.

Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See
http://www.doi.gov/ocio/section508/G..._Documents.pdf

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Tim" wrote in message
Hello All;
I have a document in Word that I need to make 508 accessable because I
work
for a fedeeral agency. I am ultimately going to convert it to acrobat
format
but I hear it is much better to make the doc ument accessable in Word
rather
than waitng until it is in Acrobat. I also found this to be true because
converting tables in acrobat format is a complicated task that I have
still
not ben able to figure out.

So ... can anyone lead me to some good tutorials/resources on how to make
Word Document accessable so when I convert it to Acrobat, the Acrobat file
can be read by page readers.

Thanks much.

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Tim

Tim wrote:
I have a document in Word that I need to make 508 accessable because I work
for a fedeeral agency. I am ultimately going to convert it to acrobat format
but I hear it is much better to make the doc ument accessable in Word rather
than waitng until it is in Acrobat. I also found this to be true because
converting tables in acrobat format is a complicated task that I have still
not ben able to figure out.

So ... can anyone lead me to some good tutorials/resources on how to make a
Word Document accessable so when I convert it to Acrobat, the Acrobat file
can be read by page readers.

never had to do this, but one of the first hits my preferred search
engine came up with was:

http://www.hhs.gov/web/policies/checklistword.html

HTH
Robert