Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gandboe Gandboe is offline

Default Centre-align table within indented text

Hi. I'm try to add a table style to a report template in Word 2003 following
requests from colleagues.

The report text is numbered throughout, so indented by 1.25cm. I want to
create a table that is centered not to the page margins but to this indent.

I see there is a post from 2006 that suggests using the table left alignment
setting and simply entering a value for a left indent to the table but that
doesn't work in this instance as the the report is a template (i.e. the table
is generic) and the tables' widths will vary in each report. I need a table
setting solution rather than a direct formatting solution.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I, too, often have this need and wish there were some way to achieve it. If
there is, I haven't discovered it.

http://word.mvps.org