Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] millstrading.simon.h@gmail.com is offline

Default Looks double-spaced but Word says it's single-spaced

On Tuesday, February 5, 2002 at 1:16:50 AM UTC+11, Stephanie wrote:
I've got a document that I want to be single-spaced - and
that's what the formatting says it is - but it looks
double-spaced. How can I change the document so that it
looks single-spaced like Word says it is? Right now, if I
highlight the document and try to change it to single-
spaced, it remains the same. The only thing I know to try
is to copy the info to a new document, format it there,
then copy it back to the original document. Please help!

Both explanations are nonsense. Bug city. word it "toy"ware.
Jerapa Jerapa is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Tuesday, February 5, 2002 at 1:16:50 AM UTC+11, Stephanie wrote:
I've got a document that I want to be single-spaced - and
that's what the formatting says it is - but it looks
double-spaced. How can I change the document so that it
looks single-spaced like Word says it is? Right now, if I
highlight the document and try to change it to single-
spaced, it remains the same. The only thing I know to try
is to copy the info to a new document, format it there,
then copy it back to the original document. Please help!

Both explanations are nonsense. Bug city. word it "toy"ware.
Single line spacing in a Word paragraph is a function of the current font. With Line Spacing set to Single, the spacing between the lines will be taller or shorter depending on the font applied to the text. If you want to manually tighten up the space, instead of Single line spacing, choose Exactly and specify the exact line height you want. For best results, use a Style to control paragraph formatting.
Michael Tardie Michael Tardie is offline
Junior Member

;496914]On Tuesday, February 5, 2002 at 1:16:50 AM UTC+11, Stephanie wrote:
I've got a document that I want to be single-spaced - and
that's what the formatting says it is - but it looks
double-spaced. How can I change the document so that it
looks single-spaced like Word says it is? Right now, if I
highlight the document and try to change it to single-
spaced, it remains the same. The only thing I know to try
is to copy the info to a new document, format it there,
then copy it back to the original document. Please help!

Have you checked the Paragraph dialog (Home tab, Paragraph group) to ensure the Line spacing setting is set to 'Single'?