Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pat Monroe

Default Columns with dots to page #s-can't line up page #s

I have a list of Maps and Illus. in my new book. Have placed box in print
layout view. From each Figure # I have dots to page numbers. Can't line up
page numbers properly.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SVC

What you need to work with in setting this up is Tabs. See this article on
setting tabs: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm

In your case, you will want to set up a Left tab for the page numbers. Once
you have set your tab, instead of manually entering your dots (which is what
it sounds like you are doing), set up a tab leader via Format Tabs and
select the type of leader you want.

"Pat Monroe" wrote:

I have a list of Maps and Illus. in my new book. Have placed box in print
layout view. From each Figure # I have dots to page numbers. Can't line up
page numbers properly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As SVC has indicated, you need a right-aligned tab with a period leader, but
you don't need to create this list manually. If you have used the Caption
style for figure captions (or any other specific style) or have used Insert
| Caption to insert them, you can easily create a Table of Figures using
Insert | Reference | Index and Tables. See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html for the general
principles of TOCs, which are not very different.

"Pat Monroe" Pat wrote in message
I have a list of Maps and Illus. in my new book. Have placed box in print
layout view. From each Figure # I have dots to page numbers. Can't line

up
page numbers properly.

Changing page number Denis Levesque Microsoft Word Help 4 April 11th 06 12:58 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
page number printing on a merged report Print Page # On Merged Report Mailmerge 6 October 17th 05 05:18 AM
Odd Page Layout Problem with Word 2002 in Office XP Bill Drake Page Layout 4 June 8th 05 10:10 AM